Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sharing Cool Stuff - Maschine Zeit

I share things that I like.  That's what the internet is for, right?  I find something out there that I think is cool and I pass it along to you.  Ah, the power of having a blog.  But, as the legendary Stan Lee once penned, "with great power comes great responsibility."  Oh yeah?  I flaunt that responsibility.  I thumb my nose at it.  I...

What was I saying?  Oh yeah.  Right.  Cool stuff.

You know I'm a big fan of horror.  Well, David A. Hill, Jr. at Machine Age Productions is going to be releasing an awesome looking horror game called Maschine Zeit.  It's a space-horror game in the tradition of the Alien movies and Dead Space that looks pretty amazing so far.  You should definitely check this game out.  Besides, David is a great guy who has tolerated my forwardness and pain-in-the-ass questions.

He's made an excellent trailer for the game that has caused several people I've shared it with to ask me what video game system it's going to be released on.  It's not a video game.  This is a tabletop/pnp RPG.  Enjoy the trailer.



Cool, isn't it? I told you so.

3 comments:

TK on May 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM said...

As a rocket scientist, the building levels of contrived-ness causes me pain.
However the end product is pretty damn cool. Excellent fantasy, want to play.

Darren G. Miller on May 12, 2010 at 10:45 AM said...

Well... In most games, the science is sacrificed in favor of the story. This particular game has lowered the realism a bit to give it more of the horror movie feel. I think that, so far as I have seen, it accomplishes exactly what David set out to do.

TK on May 12, 2010 at 10:15 PM said...

yeah, it sounds like it by the end. It has an extremely interesting set of circumstances, all wrapped up in a world that "works". The immersion and functionality of the world is better than any I've seen, it "clicks" at the end of the intro.
Maybe if the entire background story wasn't just stacked up right in front. I guess I can think of it like yanking off a bandaid...

Post a Comment

Geekcentricity on Facebook
 
Creative Commons License
Geekcentricity by Darren G Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

© 2010 Darren G. Miller,
Chrysalis Creative Services, LLC

Geekcentricity Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie Blogger Template